1. No more ex-wife bashing. No matter how much I'm tempted, I am not going to say bad things about Talia. I'm trying to be the better person and not lower myself to her level. I cannot, however, make this an across the board thing. I can only handle doing it for one ex at a time.
2. Post in my journal daily. This is pretty self-explanatory. When I first got this thing I would make an entry every morning when I had my coffee at work. I've slacked off a lot and I'd like to go back to recording my thoughts daily, even if it's just to comment on the weather.
3. Be patient with Shy. Yeah. This needs to happen because I'm the only one who can control how I choose to react to him. And I know that he needs me to do this. I say I love him. I should prove it.
4. Do something every day to show my love to my Boo and my Niblet. Even if it's just preparing their meals with a little extra flair.
5. Do something with Peter once a month. I need him to remember that he's still important to me. I haven't been a good friend lately.
6. Do something with Mom and Shane once a month. This can coincide with my Peter day. I'm just feeling the need to strengthen my familial bonds.
7. Call Evie and the lesbians regularly. We communicate over email a lot but there's nothing like hearing someone's voice to really be able to check in with them. She's my sister and they're the mommies to my godchildren/spunklets (7b. I will stop referring to Rebecca and Jared as my "spunklets" in my head. Or try to, anyway.) so I do have to make the effort
8. Get a new puppy. B's going back to her daddies, Lani and Jake are gone, and I think Benji, Blade and Wendell would appreciate a new brother or sister. I'll discuss this with the guys.
9. Get a job. I gave Peter our island book to shop around. He said he knew a guy who knew a guy who could be of some help, but I haven't heard anything. I just have to figure out what I want to do. I don't want a white collar job like I had with Hamilton-Fairhaven or with Mr. Kenworth, and I don't think I can cut it as a travel writer without the actual traveling. Maybe I should be a professional woodsman. I just have to do something to keep money coming in since I don't want to rely solely on Orli's income. I got lucky with my recent investment loss. I can't risk another, though.
10. Do stuff alone. When I was living on the mainland, I learned that it is possible for me to do things by myself without feeling strange. I've been doing things with someone else since I was 19 and married to Talia. I think I need to keep on taking the time to do things that don't have to involve my partner. This is going to be the hardest one to try and do.